Thursday, April 8, 2010

"Where I LIved, and What I Lived For" by Henry David Thoreau


"Where I Lived, and What Lived For" by H.D. Thoreau is a philosophical composition about our life and world. A writer affirms that people live in a hurry. They aimlessly live fast and they don't get the good things from their life. H.D Thoreau asks people "Why should we live with such hurry and waste of life? We are determined to be starved before we are hungry"(Henry David Thoreau, 1849). He tells that all our businesses are unnecessary thing, and we should not spend time for it. I disagree with H.D. Thoreau. Of course, we live in a hurry now; but 21 century is now. High technology, the computers, job are around us. It is our life. We should work and study to live, to succeed. Our life is too short and we should live in hurry. Perhaps, this life spoils us, but we don't have other choice. I think nobody wants to live in the wood; in the wood our life will be slow, but we will not live happily. We need this life, because we don't have another one. I read about people who went to the wood and lived there, but they were not happy. Their life has not become better. Therefore, we should not reject our life; If one day we wish to live in piece and quietness, we may leave this busy life for the forest. Though, there is no point in staying there forever.

Henry David Thoreau, (1849), "Where I Lived, and What I Lived For,"50 essays, p.424-430

No comments:

Post a Comment